What Is PRP Therapy?
PRP therapy is getting popular in dermatology. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy uses patient’s own blood and concentrates its platelets to accelerate the healing of injured tendons, ligaments, muscles as well as joints. Thus, PRP injections use each individual patient’s own healing system to improve musculoskeletal problems.
Patient’s own blood is taken to prepare PRP injection. It is run through centrifuge to concentrate the platelets in the blood. Then these activated platelets are injected directly into injured or diseased body tissue. Which helps stimulate and increase the number of regenerative cells produced by the body.
Injecting affected areas with high concentrations of platelets can enhance new tissue growth as well as help in cellular healing. Studies show that the increased concentration of growth factors in platelet-rich plasma may stimulate or speed up the healing process, shortening healing time for injuries, decreasing pain and even encouraging hair growth. At Azure by Anahat, we provide top-quality PRP therapy, utilizing advanced techniques and expertise to deliver optimal results.
How PRP Therapy Works?
- Blood Collection: A small amount of the patient’s blood is drawn, typically from their arm, like a routine blood test.
- Centrifugation: The collected blood is then placed in a centrifuge machine, which spins rapidly to separate the components of the blood.
- Platelet Separation: The centrifugation process separates the platelets, plasma, as well as other components of the blood, creating a concentrated platelet-rich plasma (PRP) solution.
- Preparation: The PRP solution is carefully extracted from the centrifuge, ensuring that the platelets are properly concentrated.
- Injection/Application: The PRP is then injected or applied to the targeted area of the body, depending on the purpose of the treatment. This can include areas like joints, tendons, muscles, scalp for hair growth, or the face for skin rejuvenation.
- Healing and Regeneration: Once injected or applied, the platelets in PRP release growth factors and other bioactive substances that stimulate the body’s natural healing and regenerative processes. This can include tissue repair, collagen production, enhanced blood flow, and the recruitment of other cells for healing.
The exact procedure and treatment plan may vary depending on the specific condition being treated as well as the medical professional performing the therapy. Multiple sessions of PRP therapy may be recommended to achieve optimal results and care after the treatment may be necessary to monitor progress and assess the effectiveness of the treatment.
What Are The Benefits Of PRP Therapy?
Treatment Is Safe
PRP therapy is a safe and established treatment using a patient’s own blood, dating back to the 1970s. Primarily used in sports injury treatment, it promotes wound healing. PRP injections are safer than other injections, minimizing the risk of plasma rejection or allergic reactions.
Heals And Reduces Inflammation
PRP therapy reduces inflammation by utilizing platelets that release anti-inflammatory agents. This advanced technique provides rapid, safe, as well as effective healing by alleviating pain and safeguarding the body. Prolonged inflammation can cause damage, scarring, and related diseases, making PRP therapy beneficial for conditions like tendonitis and arthritis.
Heals Sports Injury
PRP therapy effectively treats tendon injuries like Achilles tendonitis and tennis elbow by promoting healing in areas with poor blood supply. The concentrated platelet injection enhances nutrients and growth factors, aiding in tissue repair. PRP therapy also benefits athletes recovering from muscle and ligament injuries, offering relief and faster healing.
Hair Loss Treatment
PRP therapy stimulates hair growth by injecting platelets and growth factors, improving blood flow to hair follicles and increasing hair thickness. It’s a safe procedure without allergic reaction risks, requiring multiple treatments for sustained results. PRP also enhances hair transplants and complements other cosmetic procedures.
PRP therapy promotes collagen and elastin generation, rejuvenating the skin by enhancing firmness, elasticity, and reducing acne scars as well as hyperpigmentation. Micro needling with PRP is a highly effective procedure for skin rejuvenation, stimulating collagen and elastin production, and improving skin tone and complexion.
How Is PRP Therapy Different From Stem Cell Therapy?
PRP therapy and stem cell therapy are distinct approaches to regenerative medicine with some key differences:
- Source: Therapy utilizes the patient’s own blood, specifically the platelet-rich plasma obtained through centrifugation.
- Composition: PRP consists of concentrated platelets that contain growth factors and other bioactive substances that aid in healing as well as regeneration.
- Mechanism of Action: PRP therapy works by stimulating the body’s natural healing processes and enhancing tissue repair through the release of growth factors.
- Application: PRP is typically injected or applied directly to the targeted area of treatment, such as joints, tendons, muscles, or the scalp for hair growth.
- Treatment Benefits: Therapy promotes tissue repair, reduces inflammation, and enhances collagen production. It is commonly used for conditions like sports injuries, hair loss, as well as skin rejuvenation.
Stem Cell Therapy
- Source: Stem cell therapy involves the use of stem cells obtained from various sources, such as bone marrow, adipose tissue, or umbilical cord blood.
- Composition: Stem cells have the unique ability to differentiate into different types of cells and have the potential to regenerate damaged tissues.
- Mechanism of Action: Stem cell therapy aims to replace or repair damaged cells and tissues by introducing stem cells that can differentiate into the specific cell types needed for healing.
- Application: Stem cells can be administered through injections or localized implantation into the targeted area, depending on the condition being treated.
- Treatment Benefits: Stem cell therapy has the potential to promote tissue regeneration, repair damaged organs, and treat conditions such as degenerative diseases, orthopedic injuries, and neurological disorders.
This relies on the regenerative properties of platelets, while stem cell therapy utilizes the differentiation capacity of stem cells to facilitate healing and tissue regeneration. The choice between PRP therapy and stem cell therapy depends on the specific condition and treatment goal
PRP therapy is a safe and effective medical procedure that utilizes a patient’s own blood to promote healing and regeneration. Azure by Anahat offers a secure and efficient non-surgical PRP therapy that taps into the body’s inherent resources. By concentrating platelets and growth factors, PRP injections stimulate the body’s natural healing response, offering a range of benefits. PRP therapy is safe as it uses the patient’s own blood, minimizing the risk of allergic reactions or rejection.
The therapy provides accelerated healing by reducing inflammation. For sports injuries, this offers a valuable solution by enhancing the healing process in areas with poor blood supply, such as tendons and muscles. In aesthetics, PRP therapy promotes hair growth, prevents hair thinning, and rejuvenates the skin. It increases blood supply to hair follicles, strengthens hair shafts, and stimulates collagen and elastin production, resulting in firmer skin, improved complexion, and reduced appearance of scars and hyperpigmentation.